Wednesday, March 12, 2008

SiNg a sOnG

i feel like singing out aloud...alas!



well, when i was young( i mean school days, i am still young!) i used to think that i have a good voice. I don't know why, but i just knew from inside that i was meant to sing but i never had the guts to display my talent .i mean, i know it sounds 'boisterous' but once while travelling in the school bus, i was humming a song softly and i almost heard the girls sitting next to me talking among themselves that i sing well. wait, i am not assuming things here. i know its a different thing if someone actually comes up to you and praises you, but its like almost the same thing if you eavesdrop on someone praising you, isn't it? . i had friends who could sing, but then they learnt music. i never believed in the concept of learning how to sing. i think you are either born with it or you are not. you cant just develop it overnight by having someone to teach you!that concept never appealed to me. i used to practise singing when i was all alone, i used to record my voice and replay it but then i guess in those days the quality of tape recorders was not that great and hence my voice didn't sound as good as it actually was!



so you see,i had this intense passion for singing inside me but it never found an outlet. and slowly time passed. and today i am 19 years old and i do think what if i had started singing when i was young? hmmm...well but now i have grown tired of the ways of this world. nobody appreciates real talent. like if i start singing really well, other people might grow really jealous of me which will make them find ways to spoil my voice. they might call me over for a drink and give me something which will take away my beautiful voice and nowadays that adulteration is so widespread you never know if it might actually kill me. who wants to die? i don't! i prefer singing just for myself when i am all alone and remain happy and alive!



(this post is a result of extreme exaggeration and utter boredom and bids adieu to the reality for sometime.)

12 comments:

Nina C said...

you even try and sing in front of me and i will poison u for sure!!i mean,did u really think u had a good voice as a kid..;)

Ragamalika said...

Yay for Ruchi's sweet voice! It can be used for things other than singing!!! :D

Nina C said...

sweet voice?? what? sweet voice??

ruchika said...

@nina
wt do you mean by 'as a kid'. i know i still am the owner of a beautiful voice..hehe
@raga
hehe..anytime

Nina C said...

what??stop living in your dream world ruchika..come back down to earth..sadly you dont have a beautiful voice;)

Ragamalika said...

shut up nins! course she does!

ruchika said...

yea, shut up neens;-)
go on raga,your comments are like music to my ears;-)

Akki said...

What do i say gals... killer voice for sure.. ask me when she's scolding me about how i don't exercise enough :) he he...
Awesome blog Ruchika!!!

Anadi said...

Hi Ruchika,

You have been tagged by me.
Please check my blog.
The post is Tag Tag Tag.

And please follow the instructions to Tag other people.

Tanuj said...

i think people without a sweet can also sing. they should.It is all about whether you enjoy singing or not. if you do it for enjoyment and not for appreciation then others will enjoy it too.

Unknown said...

awesome blog yaar.and u never told me abt ur hidden ambition of being a singer.i think ur voice is sweet.

Jayant said...

Hello!
I've not heard your voice(which the above people have) but I can for sure make out what a passion for singing you have!
Being an avid music lover, I have to say that I'd for sure love to listen to you sing if you've got 1% of the talent of what you've mentioned :D

However, going by your friends' reaction, I dont think you should sing too much in public!! [:P]

Nice, Honest post, would love to read more.
Keep blogging!!

P.S: No offence intended, just the usual element of humour i introduce in all my comments.